Enfatizar a discriminação contra os jovens britânicos e suas famílias.
2) I, too I, too, sing America.? I am the darker brother. They send me to eat in the kitchen When company comes, But I laugh, And eat well, And grow strong. Tomorrow, I’ll be at the table When company comes. Nobody’ll dare Say to me, “Eat in the kitchen,” Then. Besides, They’ll see how beautiful I am And be ashamed I, too, am America. HUGHES, L. In: RAMPERSAD, A.; ROESSEL, D. (Ed.) The collected poems of Langston Hughes. New York: Knopf, 1994. Langston Hughes foi um poeta negro americano que viveu no século XX e escreveu I, too em 1932. No poema, a personagem descreve uma prática racista que provoca nela um sentimento de:
3) Do one thing for diversity and inclusion The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is launching a campaign aimed at engaging people around the world to Do One Thing to support Cultural Diversity and Inclusion. Every one of us can do ONE thing for diversity and inclusion; even one very little thing can become a global action if we take part in it. Simple things YOU can do to celebrate the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development on May 21. 1. Visit an art exhibit or a museum dedicated to other cultures. 2. Read about the great thinkers of other cultures. 3. Visit a place of worship different than yours and participate in the celebration. 4. Spread your own culture around the world and learn about other cultures. 5. Explore music of a different culture. There are thousands of things that you can do, are you taking part in it? UNITED NATIONS ALLIANCE OF CIVILIZATIONS. Disponível em: www.unaoc.org. Acesso em: 16 fev. 2013 (adaptado). Internautas costumam manifestar suas opiniões sobre artigos on-line por meio da postagem de comentários. O comentário que exemplifica o engajamento proposto na quarta dica da campanha apresentada no texto é:
4) After prison blaze kills hundreds in Honduras, UN warns on overcrowding 15 February 2012 A United Nations human rights official today called on Latin American countries to tackle the problem of prison overcrowding in the wake of an overnight fire at a jail in Honduras that killed hundreds of inmates. More than 300 prisoners are reported to have died in the blaze at the prison, located north of the capital, Tegucigalpa, with dozens of others still missing and presumed dead. Antonio Maldonado, human rights adviser for the UN system in Honduras, told UN Radio today that overcrowding may have contributed to the death toll. “But we have to wait until a thorough investigation is conducted so we can reach a precise cause,” he said. “But of course there is a problem of overcrowding in the prison system, not only in this country, but also in many other prisons in Latin America.” Disponível em: www.un.org. Acesso em: 22 fev. 2012 (adaptado). Os noticiários destacam acontecimentos diários, que são veiculados em jornal impresso, rádio, televisão e internet. Nesse texto, o acontecimento reportado é a:
5) Steve Jobs: A Life Remembered 1955-2011 Readersdigest.ca takes a look back at Steve Jobs, and his contribution to our digital world. CEO. Tech-Guru. Artist. There are few corporate figures as famous and well-regarded as former-Apple CEO Steve Jobs. His list of achievements is staggering, and his contribution to modern technology, digital media, and indeed the world as a whole, cannot be downplayed. With his passing on October 5, 2011, readersdigest.ca looks back at some of his greatest achievements, and pays our respects to a digital pioneer who helped pave the way for a generation of technology, and possibilities, few could have imagined. Disponível em: www.readersdigest.ca. Acesso em: 25 fev. 2012. Informações sobre pessoas famosas são recorrentes na mídia, divulgadas de forma impressa ou virtualmente. Em relação a Steve Jobs, esse texto propõe:
6) National Geographic News Christine Dell’Amore Published April 26, 2010 Our bodies produce a small but steady amount of natural morphine, a new study suggests. Traces of the chemical are often found in mouse and human urine, leading scientists to wonder whether the drug is being made naturally or being delivered by something the subjects consumed. The new research shows that mice produce the “incredible painkiller” — and that humans and other mammals possess the same chemical road map for making it, said study co-author Meinhart Zenk, who studies plant-based pharmaceuticals at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Disponível em: www.nationalgeographic.com. Acesso em: 27 jul. 2010. Ao ler a matéria publicada na National Geographic, para a realização de um trabalho escolar, um estudante descobriu que:
7) Aproveitando-se de seu status social e da possível influência sobre seus fãs, o famoso músico Jimi Hendrix associa, em seu texto, os termos love, power e peace para justificar sua opinião de que:
8) Cartuns são produzidos com o intuito de satirizar comportamentos humanos e assim oportunizam a reflexão sobre nossos próprios comportamentos e atitudes. Nesse cartum, a linguagem utilizada pelos personagens em uma conversa em inglês evidencia a: